Clinical Nurse Leader
Types of Degrees Clinical Nurse Leader Majors Are Getting
The following table lists how many clinical nurse leader graduations there were in 2020-2021 for each degree level.
|Education Level||Number of Grads|
What Clinical Nurse Leader Majors Need to Know
O*NET surveyed people in occupations related to clinical nurse leader and asked them what knowledge areas, skills, and abilities were important for their jobs. The responses were rated on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being most important.
Knowledge Areas for Clinical Nurse Leader Majors
According to O*NET survey takers, a major in clinical nurse leader should prepare you for careers in which you will need to be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Medicine and Dentistry - Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Psychology - Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Therapy and Counseling - Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance.
Skills for Clinical Nurse Leader Majors
clinical nurse leader majors are found most commonly in careers in which the following skills are important:
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Abilities for Clinical Nurse Leader Majors
A major in clinical nurse leader will prepare for your careers in which the following abilities are important:
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
What Can You Do With a Clinical Nurse Leader Major?
Below is a list of occupations associated with clinical nurse leader:
|Job Title||Job Growth Rate||Median Salary|
Who Is Getting a Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Nurse Leader?
At the countrywide level, the racial-ethnic distribution of clinical nurse leader majors is as follows:
|Race/Ethnicity||Number of Grads|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||0|
How Much Do Clinical Nurse Leader Majors Make?
Salaries According to BLS
The median salary for someone in a career related to clinical nurse leader is $75,510. This median refers to all degree levels, so you may expect those with a more advanced degree to make more while those with less advanced degrees will typically make less.
To put that into context, according to BLS data from the first quarter of 2020, the typical high school graduate makes between $30,000 and $57,900 a year (25th through 75th percentile). The average person with a bachelor’s degree (any field) makes between $45,600 and $99,000. Advanced degree holders make the most with salaries between $55,600 and $125,400.
Amount of Education Required for Careers Related to Clinical Nurse Leader
Some degrees associated with clinical nurse leader may require an advanced degree, while others may not even require a bachelor’s in the field. Whatever the case may be, pursuing more education usually means that more career options will be available to you.
How much schooling do you really need to compete in today’s job market? People currently working in careers related to clinical nurse leader have obtained the following education levels.
|Education Level||Percentage of Workers|
|Some College Courses||11.1%|
|Associate’s Degree (or other 2-year degree)||68.7%|
Online Clinical Nurse Leader Programs
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 47 schools offered some type of clinical nurse leader program. The following table lists the number of programs by degree level, along with how many schools offered online courses in the field.
|Degree Level||Colleges Offering Programs||Colleges Offering Online Classes|
|Certificate (Less Than 1 Year)||0||0|
|Certificate (1-2 years)||0||0|
|Certificate (2-4 Years)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Research)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Professional Practice)||1||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Other)||0||0|
Is a Degree in Clinical Nurse Leader Worth It?
The median salary for a clinical nurse leader grad is $75,510 per year. This is based on the weighted average of the most common careers associated with the major.
This is 89% more than the average salary for an individual holding a high school degree. This adds up to a gain of about $712,200 after 20 years!
Explore Major by State
District of Columbia
Majors Related to Clinical Nurse Leader
You may also be interested in one of the following majors related to clinical nurse leader.
*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.
- College Factual
- College Scorecard
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Usual Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers First Quarter 2020
- Image Credit: By Aleksahgabrielle under License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|