Find Healthcare Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Nursing at California State University - Monterey Bay

Find Schools Near

Nursing at California State University - Monterey Bay

Every nursing school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the nursing program at California State University - Monterey Bay stacks up to those at other schools.

CSUMB is located in Seaside, California and has a total student population of 7,409. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 74 students received a bachelor's degree in nursing from CSUMB.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Nursing section at the bottom of this page.

CSUMB Nursing Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing

CSUMB Nursing Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks nursing programs across the country. The following shows how CSUMB performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The nursing major at CSUMB is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Nursing. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 21
Best Nursing Schools 57
Best Value Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 72
Best Value Nursing Schools 554
Most Popular Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 563
Most Focused Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 799
Most Popular Nursing Schools 1,018
Most Focused Nursing Schools 1,668

How Much Do Nursing Graduates from CSUMB Make?

The median salary of nursing students who receive their bachelor's degree at CSUMB is $109,260. This is 74% higher than $62,880, which is the national average for all nursing bachelor's degree recipients.


Nursing Student Demographics at CSUMB

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the nursing majors at California State University - Monterey Bay.

CSUMB Nursing Bachelor’s Program

85% Women
61% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 74 students earned a bachelor's degree in nursing from CSUMB. About 85% of these graduates were women and the other 15% were men. The typical nursing bachelor's degree program is made up of only 13% men. So male students are more repesented at CSUMB since its program graduates 2% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 25% more racial-ethnic minorities in its nursing bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from California State University - Monterey Bay with a bachelor's in nursing.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 11
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 32
White 19
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 10

CSUMB also has a doctoral program available in nursing. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Concentrations Within Nursing

If you plan to be a nursing major, you may want to focus your studies on one of the following concentrations. The table shows all degrees awarded in this field awarded for all degree levels at California State University - Monterey Bay. A concentration may not be available for your level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Registered Nursing 74

Careers That Nursing Grads May Go Into

A degree in nursing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for CA, the home state for California State University - Monterey Bay.

Occupation Jobs in CA Average Salary in CA
Registered Nurses 294,510 $106,950
Medical and Health Services Managers 34,510 $125,770
Nurse Practitioners 13,420 $133,780
Nursing Instructors and Professors 3,390 $101,320
Nurse Anesthetists 1,180 $212,210


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Healthcare Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited healthcare schools across the U.S.