Find Healthcare Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Health at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences

Find Schools Near

Public Health at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences

What traits are you looking for in a public health school? To help you decide if University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's public health program.

UAMS is located in Little Rock, Arkansas and approximately 2,907 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Health section at the bottom of this page.

UAMS Public Health Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Public Health
  • Doctorate Degree in Public Health

Online Classes Are Available at UAMS

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

For those who are interested in distance learning, UAMS does offer online courses in public health for the following degree levels:

UAMS Public Health Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

There were 1 student who received their doctoral degrees in public health, making the school the #91 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Public Health Student Demographics at UAMS

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public health majors at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.

UAMS Public Health Master’s Program

67% Women
33% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 48 students earned a master's degree in public health from UAMS. About 67% of these graduates were women and the other 33% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 21% men graduate in public health each year. UAMS does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 12% more men than average.


Of the students who received a public health master's degree from UAMS, 65% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences with a master's in public health.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 10
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 31
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Concentrations Within Public Health

Public Health majors may want to concentrate their studies in one of these areas. The completion numbers here include all graduates who receive any type of degree in this field from University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Some of these focus areas may not be available for your degree level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
General Public Health 50

Careers That Public Health Grads May Go Into

A degree in public health can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for AR, the home state for University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.

Occupation Jobs in AR Average Salary in AR
Medical and Health Services Managers 4,900 $85,290
Health Specialties Professors 1,600 $146,380
Occupational Health and Safety Specialists 620 $64,620
Community Health Workers 310 $40,220
Environmental Scientists and Specialists 270 $58,540


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Healthcare Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited healthcare schools across the U.S.