Asian Bodywork Therapy
Types of Degrees Asian Bodywork Therapy Majors Are Getting
The following table lists how many Asian bodywork therapy graduations there were in 2019-2020 for each degree level.
|Education Level||Number of Grads|
What Asian Bodywork Therapy Majors Need to Know
In an O*NET survey, Asian bodywork therapy majors were asked to rate what knowledge areas, skills, and abilities were important in their occupations. These answers were weighted on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the most important.
Knowledge Areas for Asian Bodywork Therapy Majors
According to O*NET survey takers, a major in Asian bodywork therapy should prepare you for careers in which you will need to be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Biology - Knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Skills for Asian Bodywork Therapy Majors
Asian bodywork therapy majors are found most commonly in careers in which the following skills are important:
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Abilities for Asian Bodywork Therapy Majors
A major in Asian bodywork therapy will prepare for your careers in which the following abilities are important:
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
What Can You Do With a Asian Bodywork Therapy Major?
People with a Asian bodywork therapy degree often go into the following careers:
|Job Title||Job Growth Rate||Median Salary|
|Health Specialties Professors||25.9%||$97,370|
How Much Do Asian Bodywork Therapy Majors Make?
Salaries According to BLS
Average salaries range from $45,880 to $122,320 (25th to 75th percentile) for careers related to Asian bodywork therapy. This range includes all degree levels, so you may expect those with a more advanced degree to make more while those with less advanced degrees will typically make less.
To put that into context, according to BLS data from the first quarter of 2020, the typical high school graduate makes between $30,000 and $57,900 a year (25th through 75th percentile). The average person with a bachelor’s degree (any field) makes between $45,600 and $99,000. Advanced degree holders make the most with salaries between $55,600 and $125,400.
Amount of Education Required for Careers Related to Asian Bodywork Therapy
Some degrees associated with Asian bodywork therapy may require an advanced degree, while others may not even require a bachelor’s in the field. In general, the more advanced your degree the more career options will open up to you. However, there is significant time and money that needs to be invested into your education so weigh the pros and cons.
Find out what the typical degree level is for Asian bodywork therapy careers below.
|Education Level||Percentage of Workers|
|Less than a High School Diploma||2.0%|
|High School Diploma - or the equivalent (for example, GED)||12.0%|
|Post-Secondary Certificate - awarded for training completed after high school (for example, in agriculture or natural resources, computer services, personal or culinary services, engineering technologies, healthcare, construction trades, mechanic and repair technologies, or precision production)||35.2%|
|Some College Courses||6.0%|
|Associate’s Degree (or other 2-year degree)||5.9%|
Online Asian Bodywork Therapy Programs
In 2019-2020, 5 schools offered a Asian bodywork therapy program of some type. The following table lists the number of programs by degree level, along with how many schools offered online courses in the field.
|Degree Level||Colleges Offering Programs||Colleges Offering Online Classes|
|Certificate (Less Than 1 Year)||0||0|
|Certificate (1-2 years)||3||0|
|Certificate (2-4 Years)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Research)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Professional Practice)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Other)||0||0|
Is a Degree in Asian Bodywork Therapy Worth It?
The median salary for a Asian bodywork therapy grad is $45,880 per year. This is based on the weighted average of the most common careers associated with the major.
This is 15% more than the average salary for an individual holding a high school degree. This adds up to a gain of about $119,600 after 20 years!
Explore Major by State
District of Columbia
Majors Related to Asian Bodywork Therapy
You may also be interested in one of the following majors related to Asian bodywork therapy.
|Major||Number of Grads|
|Massage Therapy/Therapeutic Massage||10,638|
|Other Somatic Bodywork and Related Therapeutic Services||30|
*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.
- College Factual
- College Scorecard
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Usual Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers First Quarter 2020
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|